Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Nick Spencer]
- My wife and I have been massive fans of Southport Grocery [3552 North Southport Avenue] for ages, but even more so now that my new shop is so close to them. We often start our Saturdays there with brunch. My
- After breakfast, we quite like taking the girls to Explore & Much More [3827 North Southport Avenue], which, in addition to being wonderful is also a block away from my cafe! Their hours vary on the weekend
- Depending on how everyone's feeling after the indoor playground, I quite like to go get ice cream at Cone [1047 West Madison Street], especially when it's nice outside. My wife goes absolutely crazy for their Euro
- My wife and I like popping into Roost [5634 North Clark Street] in Andersonville if we need bits and bobs for our house. It's quite cool—lots of vintage and antique pieces. The collection is really well-curated and we always come away with something that
- It sounds a bit corny to say, but my ideal Saturday would finish with a visit to my own shop, Spencer's Jolly Posh Foods [3755 North Southport Avenue.] Realistically, I'd probably be popping in and out all day! I l
For Nick Spencer, owner of Spencer's Jolly Posh Foods, weekends mean downtime with his wife and two little girls. Here's where the English expat "quite likes" to visit for bread-pudding pancakes (best eaten with fingers), home goods, and more.
· Southport Avenue Has a New Store for Bangers and Crunchie Bars [Official Site]
· Spencer's Jolly Posh Foods [Official Site]
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked Chicago]