Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Vstock LLC]
- Samantha Sleeper Bridal Collection “Dhalia” Dress - Price upon request There’s no need to wear a floor-length gown to a courthouse wedding. This is where “short and sweet” really comes
- Sara Gabriel “Bailey” Veil - $227 You may want to re-think wearing a long veil. A birdcage blusher veil w
- Arsai Garden - Price upon request You never have to give up the bouquet if you don’t want to. Visit Arsai Garden [1935 W. North Avenue] to create a one-of-a-kind floral arrangement. If you do feel lik
- Jules Unisex Morse Code Band Ring - $200. Who says you have to go for the cookie-cutter platinum band ring with a honking diamond? Yeah, they look n
- Salvatore Ferragamo Pam Glass d’Orsay Pumps - $525. Here's the perfect spot to add your “something blue”. If you’re wearing a shorter dress, your gams wil
- CZ by Kenneth Jay Lane “Felicita” Drop Earrings - $160. Yes, the ring is the start of the show but t
- BHLDN Sightline Chair Signs - $68. You don’t have to forgo the decor just because you’re getting marrie
Who needs a big, Pinterest-y wedding? Many low-key couples are taking the old-school approach, avoiding the expensive affair and tying the knot at City Hall. It's such a sweet-and-chic approach to marriage, even Carrie Bradshaw did it! Yes, courthouse weddings are without all the sparkly frills, but they serve as simple declarations between two people who truly love each other. How romantic is that? Plus, think of how much fun it will be to tell friends you eloped without ever leaving town!
Whether you're saying, "I do" for the first time or just a vow-renewal, you still want to look amazing for the big day. But what exactly do you need? Just because you're getting married at the courthouse, doesn't mean you have forgo all the pieces that make your day special. Here are a few fun items to toss into the mix: Note: If you're getting married in the Windy City, call the Marriage Court to find out about their court weddings at the Chicago Cultural Center. A little fancier than the courtroom and it's only $10!
· Racked Weddings Week 2014 [Racked Chicago]