Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Bella Bianca]
- In the Gold Coast, Bella Bianca Bridal Couture [12 West Maple Street] is owned by a team of sisters: Melissa Russell and Natalie Bauer. Inspired by their own experiences shopping for the perfect f
- One of six BHLDN stores in the country, this Gold Coast shop [8 East Walton Street] holds Pinterest-worthy frocks from Anthropologie's bridal line. The gowns' display room, which is decked with floating angel wings, is
- A longstanding fave of Chicago brides, the high-end Belle Vie Bridal Couture [34 East Oak Street] is also popular with out-of-state shoppers. Owner Amanda Kay Bonnell has a personal relationship with severa
- Mignonette Bridal [1747 West Belmont Avenue] is an adorable, independent shop in Lakeview that stocks
- Looking for a gown with some history? Wicker Park's Silver Moon [1721 West North Avenue] has the city's largest collection of vintage bridal gowns. Styles could include flapper-style looks from
- Perhaps you've heard of a bridal designer named Vera Wang? The iconic purveyor of dreamy, floaty, not-exactly-budget-friendly gowns has a Gold Coast boutique [945 North Rush Street] where champagne and mini cupcake
- Palazzo [1872 North Damen Avenue] carries bridal gowns from Jane White, a designer who specializes in soft, sculptural gowns that comprise materials ranging from French lace to organza and duchess
- Project Runway alum Kate Pankoke is the designer behind Elaya Vaughn Bridal, which has a by-appointment atelier on State Street [111 North State Street.] Working with the belief that "all women are prince
- Another local line, Victoria Sdoukos Couture Bridal [924 West Madison Street] has an airy West Loop studio. Sdoukos prides herself on stitching up glamorous gowns using fine materials such as double-fac
- A bridal salon in the West Loop, Alice Padrul [1360 West Randolph Street] offers custom dresses and a bridal line crafted on site by the local designer. Dresses have a sophisticated loo
What better time than Weddings Week to showcase 10 of Chicago's best spots for bridal gowns? From modern to vintage-inspired looks, and from local designers to international labels, here's what you can find in the city's plushest and most unique bridal boutiques.
· Weddings Week 2014 [Racked Chicago]