Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Courtesy of Shred415]
- Nike Lunar Elite Sky Hi Shoes, $105."These shoes are perfect for your after gym look. They're comfortable and sporty but add a little pop of color. We throw th
- Sugar Bomb Lip Gloss, $16. "We don't wear a ton of makeup during the day, but always have our Sugar Bomb on hand to add a little gloss after we sweat. It add the perfect amou
- Commando Undies, $20. "Seamless and comfortable, need we say more?!"
- Emi Jay Hair Ties, prices vary. "These hair ties hold the perfect ponytail while working out, but don't leave a crease when you let your hair back down."
- Mark Bar, $24 for a box of 12."Our go-to post workout fuel. Mark Bars are the perfect serving to replenish the calories we shredded during class and GreaterThan is so refreshing. Not t
- Nike Pro Leggings, $60. "We are obsessing over these colorful leggings. Summer is all about bright colors, and the pattern is so fun! We can't go anywhere
- Nike Victory Gym Tote bag, $100. "This gym bag allows you to thread your yoga mat through a top compartment for easy carrying. We love to cross train with yoga an
Shred415 founders Bonnie Micheli and Tracy Roemer (pictured) cater to the time-starved fitness enthusiasts. Their system of four, fifteen-minute intervals alternate between walking or running and strength training, and give gym-goers the ultimate bang for their 60 minutes. With studios in Old Town, Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, and the North Shore, the ladies are busy themselves, hopping all over town on any given day. Needless to say, they've become expert at packing up their gym bags to hold all the essentials they need throughout the day. From snacks that keep them energized to the lip gloss they dab on between training sessions, here's what Micheli and Roemer stash in their bags.