Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Jenna Zielbauer]
- Most weekends you can find me at Doc B's [100 East Walton Street] enjoying a Number Six chicken sandwich and the Crazy Beautiful cocktail. I literally have dreams about this sandwich, it's just that good. [P
- I'm all about casual Friday (duh!) and Sofia [100 East Walton Street Suite 106] just gets that. With their selection of cool, casual pieces that are still chic it's always a win when shopping there. [Photo: vi
- A Gold Coast shopping trip isn't complete without a stop at Barneys [15 East Oak Street]. I've always got my eye on some kind of prize there. [Photo: via Inetours.com]
- I am a total sucker for "general stores," and no one does it better than Space519 [900 North Michigan Avenue]. [Photo: Grace Willis]
- Nomi Garden [800 North Michigan Avenue] is an awesome summer afternoon hangout—great atmosphere, experienced and friendly bartenders, awesome rotating drink list (although the
Jenna Zielbauer is obviously a fan of Fridays. But the founder of the Casual Friday clothing line, which is currently being sold at LollaShop and other retailers, also knows her way around a Saturday. Here, the fashion aficionado takes us through an ideal whirl through the Gold Coast.