Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Says Shannon: "Some people like coffee... I love/need it to start my day. When I get a little extra time, I love to treat myself to coffee treat from Star Lounge (particularly an Iced Agave Latte with
- "Humboldt Park has so much to offer and is breathtakingly beautiful. I usually like to take my dog for a stroll through the gardens, cruise the beach (yes there is a tiny beach) a
- "I love Juko Nail Salon. The service is always spectacular and I always leave satisfied. It is beautiful, clean, and the owner is delightful. There is a great selection of polishes and the magazines are al
- "Courtney Allen at Milano Hair Studio is an eyebrow genius. She is not an eyebrow girl—she is THE eyebrow girl. She can work wonders on even the
- "The Gin Focused cocktails and cozy vibe at Scofflawget me every time. One of my favorite things about Scofflaw (aside from the menu) is that it's perfect spot all year round. The patio is great on hot
Celebrity makeup artist Shannon O'Brien is a lady with killer makeup skills, Instagram photos and taste. As one of the hottest talents in the city, Saturdays are usually a very hectic workday for her, but when she's not busy making clients look picture perfect, here are the places she's squeezing in for a perfect Saturday.—Lani Nguyen