Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The Milwaukee Art Museum. Photo via Milwaukee Art Museum/Facebook.
- Coffee drinkers, start your day off with a cup from Colectivo Coffee, which has over a dozen cafes all over the city. The two locations most convenient to other spots on this list are Lakefront and Third War
- Located in the Historic Third Ward, the Public Market is a great place to check out local foods (read: cheese) and drinks (read: beer). It's especially fun during the summer with the outd
- The architecture of the Milwaukee Art Museum alone is worth the visit, and there's plenty to see inside too. It's possible to spend an entire day here, but it's not so big that it f
- If you love vintage and thrift shopping, Kinnickinnic Avenue is a fun little street to wander. Of the shops in the neighborhood, Luv Unlimited stands out for its curation and fun displays. The merchandise
- For just $8, you can get schooled on beer history at Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery. The guided tour takes you back to 1844 and includes a 16 oz Pabst, Schlitz tap, or non-alcoholic beverag
- After a day of walking around, sit down for a nice dinner at Odd Duck. The menu features small plates organized primarily into two sections: meat and vegetables. If you're looking for something lighte
- On your way home from Milwaukee, stop by Mars Cheese Castle. As the name would lead you to believe, they sell almost every cheese imaginable. In addition to local cheeses, they also sell a variety of meats,
Without speeding or construction traffic I-94, Milwaukee is just an hour and a half drive from Chicago. It's an easy day trip and a nice change of scenery. If you enjoy classic American food and vintage shopping, then you'll enjoy Milwaukee.—Lani Nguyen
· All Day Tripping posts [Racked]