Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via Shutterstock/Myimagine
- Always wear a helmet. Sawako Furuno Leopard Helmet, £84
- Wear flats. Even better, wear laceless flats. Bucketfeet Geo Slipon, $68
- Sport a hands-free bag. A backpack or snug crossbody will do the trick. Herschel Supply Pop Quick Backpack, $69.99 at Una Mae's
- Bring a lightweight scarf. Use it hide frizzy bike helmet hair, dab sweat, or stay warm if it gets breezy. Scotch & Soda Printed Scarf, $33
- Apply sunblock. Anti-aging, anti-skin cancer, you know the deal. Neutrogena Sport Face Sunblock SF 70+, $11.99 at Ulta
With our flat roads, Chicago is a great city for biking, and with our restaurant scene, it's a great city for a biking food tour. On Sunday, September 7th, the Active Transportation Alliance is hosting Four Star Bike and Chow. Inspired by this upcoming ride and Chicago's bicycling enthusiasts, we've put together a list of practical and fashionable bicycling tips. · Four Star Bike And Chow [Official Site]